About Me

My photo
Jim Croteau lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan with his partner of 31 years, Darryl, and their two Labrador retrievers. He grew up gay and Catholic and white in the southern United States in the 1960’s and 70’s and has spent his adult life in small non-coastal cities, mostly in the Midwest. He loved his mother very much. He began writing poetry in May 2012 at first to cope with life in times of aging and then, well, he sorta caught the poetry bug. He is still working as a professor in Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology at Western Michigan University.

Monday, April 11, 2016

First Friday Poetry Reading at Feature Poet at Fire: A Special Experience for Me



This past Friday, April 1, 2016 will be a date I remember for a long while.  I had my first opportunity to read for an extended period of time.  I was so thrilled that 35 or so folks to came to listen and/or participate in the open mic prior to my reading. It was moving to see that my poetry did have an effect on folks. I am very appreciative of the people there who showed me with words and in other ways that my poetry reached them.  Wow. Noting more can be asked.

I plan to post some video clips from the reading, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment