About Me

My photo
Jim Croteau lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan with his partner of 31 years, Darryl, and their two Labrador retrievers. He grew up gay and Catholic and white in the southern United States in the 1960’s and 70’s and has spent his adult life in small non-coastal cities, mostly in the Midwest. He loved his mother very much. He began writing poetry in May 2012 at first to cope with life in times of aging and then, well, he sorta caught the poetry bug. He is still working as a professor in Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology at Western Michigan University.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Nine of poems in Assaracus, the issue is out!

 

When I set out on this poetry journey thing 26 months ago it was the poetry of Bryan Borland that inspired that beginning. I found that poetry could have an emotional wallop and he was writing stuff about being gay outside of large urban communities that registered with me. It was my dream to have something published one day in the journal he started and edits--Assaracus. I was really excited and a bit overwhelmed when he accepted my poems in September. They were just published a few days ago.  I am not sure how I feel--I am thrilled and a little befuddled too.  The other poems in the issue are by and large very impressive and I am honored to have my poems with them. I will blog more when I figure out all my reactions more.  Here are links if you are interested in the issue.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment